This is a forward to ALERT you to scam for 90# on your telephon e

This is a forward to ALERT you to scam for 90# on your telephon e

Dinesh
to
Apr 29 (6 days ago)

90# on your telephone

I dialed '0' and asked the operator who confirmed that this was correct so please pass it on . . (l also checked out
Snopes.com ..this is true, and also applies to cell phones!)
PASS ON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW

I received a telephone call last evening from an individual identifying himself as an AT&T Service Technician (could also be Telus) who was conducting a test on the telephone lines. He stated that to complete the test I should touch nine(9), zero(0), the pound sign (#), and then hang up. Luckily, I was suspicious and refused.


Upon contacting the telephone company, I was informed that by pushing 90#, you give the requesting individual full access to your telephone line, which enables them to place long distance calls billed to your home phone number.


I was further informed that this scam has been originating from many local jails/prison s. DO NOT press 90# for ANYONE. The GTE Security Department requested that I share this information with EVERYONE I KNOW. After checking with Verizon they also said it was true, so do not dial 90# for anyone !!!!!


PLEASE HIT THAT FORWARD BUTTON AND PASS THIS ON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW!!!

1 comment:

jignesh said...

Since this might seem bit real, here's some reading before you start the chain again:

http://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/90pound2.html